I am a topologist, interested mainly in knot theory and its generalizations, knotoid theory and combinatorics.
I work as an assistant professor at the Department of Mathematics at the Izmir Institute of Technology in Turkey
since October 2019.
I was a Dorothea Schlözer Postdoctoral fellow at Georg-August Universitat Göttingen in January 2022-
July 2022. My post-doc supervisor was Prof. Thomas Schick. I was formerly a Leibniz Fellow in August-October 2019 at Oberwolfach Research Institute for Mathematics. You can find my CV here.
2022-2021 works (for the complete list of publications have a look at the next page):
1. Quantum invariants of knotoids with Louis Kauffman, published in Communications in Mathematical Physics
2. Braidoids, with S.Lambropoulou, published in Israel Journal of Mathematics
3.Biquandle Brackets and Knotoids, with S.Nelson, N. Oyamaguchi, published in J of Knot Theory and Its Ramifications
4. Parity, minimality and virtual closure of knotoids, with L.H. Kauffman, published in J of Knot Theory and Its Ramifications
5. k-color Region Select Game, joint work with Ahmet Batal, https://arxiv.org/abs/2205.03200, to appear in Journal of Mathematical Society of Japan
6. Topological invariants of bonded knotoids and applications to protein folding, published in Symmetry, joint work with B. Gabrovsek and L. Kauffman
7. Graphoids, with P. Pongtanapaisan and L.Kauffman, submitted
8.A potential function for knotoids, work in progress with L.Kauffman
9. Invariants of multi-linkoids, joint with Bostjan Gabrovsek, to appear in Meditarrenean J of Mathematics
Organizer of the Special Session on Algebraic Structures in Knot Theory held at the Spring Western Sectional Meeting at California State University, Fresno, with Sam Nelson and Carmen Caprau, May 2023
Invited speaker at Higher Structures Webinars of Feza Gürsey Center for Physics and Mathematics, January 2023
Invited speaker at Istanbul Mathematical Sciences Center (IMBM) Istanbul Mathematics Days VI, October 2022
Invited speaker at the Moscow-Beijing Topology Online Seminars, September 2022
Invited speaker at Workshop on Topology and Group Theory, 9 Eylul University, Izmir September 2022
Invited speaker at IBM Research New York External PIC Seminar, March 2022
Invited Speaker at Combinatorial and Geometric Knot Theory, Oberwolfach Research Institute for Mathematics, November 2021
Invited instructor at MAP , Istanbul Center of Mathematical Sciences, September 2021
Invited Speaker at the National Congress of Mathematics, Istanbul University, September 2021
Invited speaker at Novel Mathematical Methods in Material Science: Applications to Biomaterials at Banff International Research Institute.
Invited speaker at Topology Seminar in Durham University.
Invited speaker at Geometric Topology Seminar in Ljubljana.
Invited speaker at II Encuentro de Álgebra y Teoría deNudos.
Winter Semester: I teach an online seminar course in Geometric-Topology at Georg-August Universitat, Goettingen.
June: Invited speaker at "Virtual Conference on Physical Knotting, Vortices and Surgery in Nature", Novosibirsk State University.
July: Invited Speaker at Georg-August Universitat, Goettingen RTG Colloquium.
June: Invited Speaker at Ohio State University Virtual Topology Seminars.
June: Invited speaker at "Knots in Gdansk IV" (delayed to June 2021).
April-July: I teach Knot Theory at the University of Goettingen. See the outline.